- When you’re tired, hand your kids a brush, point to your head, and tell them to play beauty parlor. When you’re really tired, pretend that you’re Sleeping Beauty.
- Take your mother to a spa. While you’re both getting seaweed wraps, tell her all your favorite memories of growing up.
- Take a bath with your infant. Make sure your husband is around for the handoff, so you can relax until the last minute. (Don’t forget to smell your baby right afterward. Heaven!)
- At the end of every summer, take a family photo for the holiday card (you’ll be happy to have this accomplished once December comes). Every year, add a framed 11-by-14-inch print to your front hall. Your kids will be proud now and laugh later at the funny styles.
- On St. Patrick’s Day, dye the milk and eggs green and turn the furniture upside down so your home looks like total chaos. When your little ones wake up, tell them that the leprechauns came.
- The next time you have to go to a boring kiddie activity, invite another mom-friend along. Hide wine in sippy cups for the two of you to nurse undercover.
- Play Freaky Friday with your husband and switch roles for a day. Enjoy his renewed appreciation for his Super Mom wife.
Want to see the rest of the list? Visit Parenting Magazine for more.
Leave a Reply
August 15, 2009