Betty Crocker’s Snowman Cake Face
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 2 hours 10 min
Makes: 16 servings
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® cake mix (any flavor)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- About 8 pretzel rods
- About 18 large gumdrops in assorted colors
- 2 candy canes (each about 4 inches long)
1. Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms and sides of 2 (8- or 9-inch) round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into pans.
2. Bake as directed on box for 8- or 9-inch rounds. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. Spread frosting over side and top of each cake. For hat on each cake, press graduated lengths of broken pretzel rods across top third of cake, with 2 pretzel rods extending 1/2 inch beyond side of cake to form brim of hat. For eyes, press 2 black gumdrops on each cake. For nose on each cake, press 2 orange gumdrops to flatten; shape to make pointed nose and press on cake. For mouth on each cake, press 5 gumdrops to flatten; cut into rounds. Press and overlap flattened gumdrops on cake. For pipe on each cake, poke straight end of candy cane in cake slightly above mouth.
Leave a Reply
September 27, 2016
September 20, 2016
September 19, 2016