Weight Watchers’ Halloween Cupcakes
Yeah – I’m back on Weight Watchers. I went to a Sweet 16 over the weekend and couldn’t believe the pictures. When did that HAPPEN? Yesterday was supposed to be my first day on the wagon, but somehow I had pizza and McDonalds. OH THAT’S HOW IT HAPPENED! LOL. I need to share what I find and these cupcakes are perfect for the upcoming holiday. Here is a Weight Watchers recipe for Halloween cupcakes.
2 spray(s) cooking spray
2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
2 cup(s) McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
1 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup(s) cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp table salt
1 cup(s) fat-free egg substitute
2 cup(s) water
1 cup(s) light corn syrup
1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
1/2 cup(s) water
2 medium egg white(s)
1/2 tsp table salt
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp decorating icing, orange
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 12-hole muffin tins with cooking spray and line with cupcake wrappers.*
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Splenda, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda and 1 teaspoon of salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg substitute, 2 cups of water and 1 cup of light corn syrup.
- Spoon egg mixture into flour mixture and mix until completely smooth and incorporated.
- Pour batter into muffin tins until each hole is completely full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, make frosting: Heat a medium pot of water to boiling.
- In a medium metal or glass bowl, beat sugar, 1/2 cup of water, egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of corn syrup and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on high speed for 1 minute.
- Place bowl of frosting over rapidly boiling water (you are creating a double boiler) and beat at high speed until the mixture forms soft peaks, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove frosting from heat and beat on high speed until mixture is thick enough to spread, about 5 minutes. Frost cupcakes, create a spider web-like design on each with icing and decorate as desired. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.
Leave a Reply
October 11, 2016
September 27, 2016