Dave Lieberman’s Chipotle Corn Chowder
Chipotle Corn Chowder doesn’t get easier than this. Thanks to Del Monte and Dave Lieberman for putting this recipe together.
- One 15¼ oz. can Del Monte® 50% Less Salt Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- Flesh from a 3-to 4- pound pumpkin cut into 1-inch cubes, or substitute butternut squash
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 quart reduced-sodium College Inn® Chicken Broth
- 2 chipotle peppers, roughly chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 thyme sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch cilantro, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
Heat the butter or oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the pumpkin and/or squash and onion and cook 5 minutes.
Add the flour and stir into the onion and pumpkin. Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring all the while. Add the corn, chipotle peppers, cream, and thyme and bring to a simmer.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer about 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin/squash is fork tender but not falling apart.
Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in most of the cilantro leaves, reserving some for garnish.
Ladle the soup into serving bowls and garnish with the remaining cilantro leaves.
Leave a Reply
October 24, 2016
October 21, 2016
October 20, 2016