Break Out The Crock Pot!
Do you own a crock pot? I hope so! I am in love with mine and although I don’t make a WIDE variety of food in it, what I do cook is awesome. Prevention just published 12 new recipes we can use to make dinner a breeze.
* 6 oz lean top round beef
* 1 tbsp olive or canola oil
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1 tbsp minced garlic
* 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 4 tsp sour cream
* 4 tsp grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1.Cut beef into chunks, then pulse in food processor 1 minute, or until coarsely ground. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef and onion until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, broth, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir.
2.Cover. Cook on low 4 to 6 hours. Add beans and cook on high, stirring occasionally, 1 hour more. Serve topped with 1 teaspoon each sour cream and cheese.
* 6 parsnips (about 2 lb), peeled and cut into chunks
* 2 apples (we used Gala), peeled, cored, and quartered
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 3 cans (14.5 oz each) fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
* 1/2 tsp salt
1.Place ingredients in 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine.
2.Cover. Cook on low 10 to 12 hours, or until parsnips are tender. Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
3.Puree soup in blender until smooth. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply
October 26, 2016