Spaghetti Squash Parmesan
My next door neighbor Amy SWEARS by this recipe! She loves making Spaghetti Squash Parmesan – so I thought I’d post for anyone who wanted to try a new dish.
- 1 spaghetti squash cut lengthwise into halves seeded
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions and tops
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup fat-free Parmesan Cheese
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Arrange squash skin side up in a shallow baking dish. Pour in 1/2 inch hot water and bake covered with foil 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is soft. Take squash out of dish flip over. Using a fork fluff squash into strands.
Melt margarine in a pot and cook green onions and garlic 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in broth and add Italian seasoning and bring to a boil. Pour half the mixture into each half of the squash and combine well. Top with cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information: Per Serving— Calories: 99 Protein: 5.1g Carbohydrates: 14.3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 102mg Saturated Fat: 0.7g Total Fat: 3.6g
Leave a Reply
October 24, 2016
October 21, 2016
October 20, 2016