Natural Ways To Lower Your Blood Pressure
Do you or someone you know suffer from high blood pressure? Prevention.com has posted 12 Natural ways to help combat the issue.
1. Go for power walks: Exercise helps the heart use oxygen more efficiently
2. Breathe deeply: Slow breathing and meditative practices decrease stress hormones
3. Pick potassium-rich produce: Top sources of potassium-rich produce include sweet potatoes, tomatoes, orange juice, potatoes, bananas, kidney beans, peas, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and dried fruits such as prunes and raisins.
4. Read food labels for sodium: Watch for sodium in processed foods. Instead use other seasonings to boost flavor.
5. Indulge in dark chocolate: Dark varieties contain flavanols that make blood vessels more elastic
6. Take a supplement: Easy enough.
7. Drink alcohol—but not too much: The less you drink, the lower your blood pressure will drop
8. Go decaf: Caffeine can raise blood pressure by tightening blood vessels and by magnifying the effects of stress
9. Take up tea: Study participants who sipped 3 cups of a hibiscus tea daily lowered systolic blood pressure by 7 points in 6 weeks on average
10. Work (a little) less: Putting in more than 41 hours per week at the office raises your risk of hypertension by 15%
11. Relax with music: Studies have proven that calming music like classical, Celtic, or Indian music can reduce stress
12. Seek help for snoring: Treating sleep apnea may lower aldosterone levels and improve BP
For the full article and more details, be sure to visit Prevention.com.