The Easiest And BEST Way To Cook Asparagus
My love affair with asparagus only started a few years ago. I used to live and breathe broccoli – but as I hit my 30s something changed inside of me. That’s when I fell in love with a new kinda green.
The ONLY way I make asparagus (because I don’t really know of another) is baking it.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil (to avoid having to clean it later – yes, I’m lazy like that)
- Set the over to 420 degrees
- Break each asparagus where it naturally splits and line them up on a sheet.
- Spray with PAM cooking spray (yes, cooking spray) and season with salt and pepper
- Bake for at least 25 minutes. If you like them more burnt – keep going – but watch them. At 25 minutes they are still crisp and large. The longer you go the smaller and blacker they become (which I like too on occasion).
I make this with dinner or just as a quick snack throughout the day. I am not a carrot and celery muncher so this is the next best thing.