Get Ready For Saint Patrick’s Day: Slow Cooker Recipe For Corned Beef, Potatoes, And Cabbage
* 2 1/2 pounds boneless corned beef brisket (approximately) with seasoning packet
* 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
* 1 (12-ounce) bottle nonalcoholic beer
* 1 small head of cabbage, shredded or cut into 1/3-inch slices
1. Trim the brisket of all visible fat and remove the seasoning packet from the package.
2. Place the brisket in the bottom of a slow cooker and sprinkle the seasonings from the packet evenly over the top.
3. Spread the potatoes evenly over the top of the brisket and pour the beer over the potatoes. Cover the slow cooker, set it on low, and let it cook for about 7 hours. After about 4 to 5 hours, you can spoon some of the broth in the bottom of the slow cooker over the potatoes, if desired.
4. About an hour before you serve the dish (or after 7 hours of cooking), place the shredded cabbage over the top of the potatoes, cover again, and cook for an hour or so longer, or until the cabbage is just tender.
5. Serve this dish in individual soup dishes-with each serving getting a nice chunk of the corned beef, plenty of potatoes and cabbage, and a spoonful of broth ladled over the top.
Thanks to Prevention!