St. Patrick’s Day Craft: Handprint Rainbow
What you’ll need:
* 1 sheet light blue construction paper
* Acrylic craft paint: red, orange, purple, blue, yellow, green and white
How to make it:
1. Place construction paper on work surface in front of child.
2. Have child curve their hand and paint (start with red) the side of the hand along the pinky and down to the heel.
3. Gently press side of painted hand onto the construction paper to form half of the first rainbow ray.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 with red paint on the other hand to form the other half of the rainbow ray.
5. Repeat these steps with all the colors of the rainbow, washing hands in between each color. Starting from the top of the rainbow and working downward, the order is: Red
Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
6. When rainbow is complete, have child make a fist, then paint the side of the fist generously with white paint. Press onto bottom of the rainbow to form the clouds. Repeat across paper under the rainbow until entire rainbow is lined with clouds.
7. Allow to dry completely.
8. This step is optional, but if you are sending this as a gift, use a marker to write a message across the top!
Thanks to Kaboose!
Leave a Reply
September 26, 2016
September 08, 2016