Recipe: Tuscan-Style Tuna Salad
* 2 6-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained
* 1 15-ounce can small white beans, such as cannellini or great northern, rinsed (see Ingredient note)
* 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
* 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine tuna, beans, tomatoes, scallions, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
When you use canned beans in a recipe, be sure to rinse them first in a colander under cold running water, as their canning liquid often contains a fair amount of sodium.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories 253 Carbohydrates 20 Fat 8 Saturated fat 1
Mono unsaturated fat 5 Protein 31 Cholesterol 53 Fiber 6 Potassium 451
Thanks to AOL!
Leave a Reply
September 27, 2016
September 20, 2016
September 19, 2016