Norton Provides Free Internet Service For Parents Who Want To Keep Their Children Safe
Norton recognizes that kids today live their lives online, and parents need insight to stay in the loop. Existing parental control software has met parents’ basic needs by blocking bad sites or enabling them to monitor kids’ activities.
OnlineFamily.Norton is a new kind of product, designed specifically for busy parents who need quick and easy insight into kids’ online activities and want to foster an open, on-going dialogue about their kids’ online worlds.
- Simple, One-Time Set Up: Create one account online for the whole family in minutes. No complicated settings required as it automatically creates age appropriate settings for each child—all of which parents can easily change.
- Easy to Use and Access: Check a child’s activity or modify a child’s profile, preferences or time allotment anytime and anywhere using any Internet-connected device.
- Clear Reporting: All activities are reported in chronological order and only show the Web sites a child intended to visit—eliminating all the extra URLs, like ads, from media-heavy Web sites.
- Understand Their Intent: Easily view search words and phrases a child uses and where those searches lead online.
- Custom Alerts: Parents can customize e-mail alerts to address urgent events so they know immediately when a child has reached a time limit, visited a blocked site, etc.
- Real-time Messaging: Built-in messaging lets kids send information to their parents in real-time about their intentions when attempting to visit a blocked Web site (feature available on PC client only).
- Access to Social Network Information: Monitor activity on social networks like Facebook and MySpace with the ability to see how kids represent themselves, when they login and how often.
- True Transparency: Children are able to view the “house rules” they established with parents at any time and are notified when OnlineFamily.Norton is active, so there is no “stealth” mode.
- Convenient Web Site Control: Control the Web content that flows into the home by prohibiting more than 40 topic categories.
- Useful Time Management: An easy-to-use time management feature that—if parents find it necessary—gives each child a “curfew” that will limit computer usage.
- Secured Personal Information: Track, report and prevent personal information that a child may purposely or accidentally try to send via instant message, social networking sites, or other websites
OnlineFamily.Norton is a free Internet safety service that lives online — there is no boxed product. Simply go to
http://onlinefamily.norton.com and register to start using it.