Recipe: POM Pistachio Thumbprints
April 01, 2010
* 2/3 cup Crimson POM Jelly*
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* teaspoon baking powder
* teaspoon salt
* cup unsalted butter
* cup granulated sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 cup salted pistachios, finely chopped
*Crimson POM Jelly:
* juice from 46 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates,** or 2 cups POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
* cup arils from 1 large POM Wonderful Pomegranate
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 packet liquid fruit pectin or half of a 1-oz. package powdered fruit pectin
* 4 cups granulated sugar
* 1. Prepare Crimson POM Jelly in advance of making cookies.*
* 2. Preheat the oven to 350F.
* 3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
* 4. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture.
* 5. Put the pistachios in a shallow bowl. Shape heaping teaspoons of the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in pistachios, pressing to coat. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. With your thumb, make a deep impression in the center of each cookie. Spoon teaspoon Crimson POM Jelly into each hollow.
* 6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
And just a little tip for POM lovers: I can’t really have caffeine after a certain hour (like 3pm – yes, I’m an 80 year old man) – so when I want a good night’s sleep I just mix some POM juice with seltzer and lime for a tasty drink. Thought I’d throw the recipe out there in case you are rowing in the same boat as I am when it comes to issues with caffeine.
Leave a Reply
Vera Sweeney, mom, blogger, social media influencer and New York resident, is the founder of LadyAndTheBlog.com. She is considered one of the top female digital influencers in today’s social media space. Her lifestyle and parenting brand helps busy women stay on top of the latest trends in fashion, food, family and travel.
October 11, 2016
September 27, 2016