Amy was kind enough to send along her recipe for summer spaghetti. Only the freshest of ingredients get tossed with al dente pasta. Super easy and bursting with flavor. Did I mention there’s no cooking involved for the pasta topping? One less pot to clean.
- 1 lb pasta (I prefer thin whole wheat spaghetti)
- 6-7 vine ripe tomatoes (diced and de-seeded)
- fresh basil (about 1-1 1/2 cup chopped)
- crumbled Gorgonzola cheese- I use the whole container about 1/3 of a lb (you can also use blue cheese, or any other crumbled cheese)
- extra virgin olive oil (about 1 tbs)
- sea salt or kosher salt to taste (about 1 tbs)
- minced garlic to taste ( 1-2 tbs) you can use fresh garlic pressed if you prefer
- ground pepper to taste (about 1 tsp)
Step 1: Dice the tomatoes, de-seed them and place into mixing bowl.
Step 2: Add cleaned roughly chopped basil, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, & olive oil. Toss and cover with plastic wrap for about an hour or two before serving. The cheese will get soft and the seasoning sinks in (do not refrigerate before serving) .
Step 3: Once the mixture has sat serve over pasta for a yummy summer twist on spaghetti! It is a family favorite! Serve with fresh bread if you want. ENJOY!
(Serves 4 people)
Thanks Amy!! If you would like to share your recipe, please take step by step pictures and send to email@example.com. I would love to get an invite inside your kitchen.