* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 12 ounces gemelli or other short pasta
* 12 ounces sugar snap peas, stem ends removed (and, if necessary, strings)
* 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish (optional)
* 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than al dente. Add snap peas; cook 2 minutes, add peas, and cook 1 minute more. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and vegetables, and return to pot.
2. Toss pasta and vegetables with butter, tarragon, and ricotta, adding a little reserved pasta water as needed to create a thin sauce that coats pasta; season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide pasta among four serving bowls, and garnish with tarragon, if desired. Serve immediately.
Thanks to Martha Stewart and all her magic!