Recipe: Sugarcane-Skewered Shrimp With Chile-Cilantro Rub
* 1 bunch cilantro, chopped coarsely
* 1 habanero chile, chopped
* 4 shallots, chopped
* 2 lemons, zested
* 2 limes, zested and juiced to 1/4 cup (juice more limes if necessary)
* 1 cup coconut milk
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 vegetable oil
* 16 jumbo shrimp, cleaned, deveined
* 8 sugarcane skewers
* 1/4 bunch cilantro leaves, as garnish
Puree all marinade ingredients in a blender. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade.
Skewer two shrimp per sugarcane and place in marinade and refrigerate. After shrimp has marinated 2 to 3 hours, grill for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, making sure they are fully cooked.
Serve with a drizzle of the reserved marinade and cilantro, as garnish.
Thanks to Food Network!