Trying To Cut Corners? Here’s Some Tips To Spruce Up Your Cup O’ Joe At Home
Last year, I had a look at what I was spending at Starbucks and it was… astounding. Thousands of dollars a year… ON TEA!! Now, I make sure to only order up a Venti Black Tea Lemonade when I’m working in the store or as a Sunday treat. Every bit counts, right?
If you are a coffee drinker and are looking to add a little cafe zest to your drink, here are some tips:
- Add a pinch of nutmeg to the grinds before brewing
- Put a drop of vanilla in your milk and warm it up before adding it to your coffee
- Add an orange peel and allow it to “steep” for a few minutes. Then remove. Don’t have an orange? Use a lemon instead.
- Get a fancy mug that only you use while drinking your coffee. It will make the experience more memorable.
- Brewing a flavored batch? Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to the grounds at brew time to enhance flavor extraction.
- Consider grinding your coffee beans at home. Yes, there is cost associated with this idea – but in the long run you will enjoy a much better drink which will prevent you from cheating on your new savings plan.
Thanks to Cosmo Mag for some of these tips and for inspiring this post.
Leave a Reply
October 22, 2016
October 21, 2016