Are you part of the upload generation? You know, the group of people who can’t take a bite out of their sandwich without first taking a picture and then tweeting it to their friends. Yeah, throw me on that wagon because I’m guilty as charged.
Microsoft has just released their newest invention – The Kin – and it’s the social media tool that you’ve been waiting for. With drag and drop capabilities even my daughter was able to successfully bookmark a URL while my Kin and I got acquainted over the weekend.
It’s a phone. It’s a camera. It’s only $50! Yeah – you heard me. 50 smackers will get you in this game and if you ever wanted to jump online and start over-sharing (and I say this word affectionately BTW) this is the tool you need to get started. Instead of spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the iPhone, why not consider this much cheaper alternative?
Ok, let’s walk through some KIN capabilities:
- Drag and drop status updates and web site feeds to your KIN Spot (see above) and then share them using text / MMS or email in seconds! It’s that easy. See a web page you like? Want to share it with a friend? All you have to do it tap on the web page and then drag the images of your friends into the Spot to send the info to the entire group. No typing. No room for human error. Microsoft couldn’t have made it any easier.
- Take videos and pictures with the KIN and then upload them instantly to sites like Facebook and Youtube. Same scenario. All you have to do is drag the image you want to your SPOT and then click to upload.
- Stream music with ZUNE. Open the Music and More application on your KIN and tap on your Zune Pass to gain access to a MASSIVE library of music. Search for your favorite artist, album, or song and let the streaming begin. You can also connect to your XBOX and stream music from the KIN while playing your favorite games.
- Add your favorite feeds to your KIN (you know, like ‘I’m Not Obsessed’ and ‘Lady and the Blog’) for immediate access. When you turn your phone on those feeds will automatically be updated and you instantly will gain access to the info.
- Are you ready for this? Geo- tagging pictures is automatic. So when you take a picture, the KIN will tag the photo so you can remember when and where each frame was shot. HELLO!
I la-la LOVE this. Perfect for anyone who wants to be able to connect without having the process become overcomplicated. Check your email, make phone calls, use the camera, take video until your little heart can’t stand another frame -and then upload it all for your friends to see. The KIN is something you definitely need to check out.