For the past 3 days I have done NOTHING but watch YouTube videos on how to curl your hair using a clip-less barrel. I’m ready to start trying out new hairstyles (at 32). I’ve been doing the same darn thing to my hair for the last 20 years and I think it’s about time I make a change.
Do you use a curling iron? Don’t you hate it when the clip ruins the bottom of the curl?? Amika’s Tourmaline Curler is the solution to that issue! I’m so excited about the possibilities.
I’m still testing out the waters and as soon as I have the perfect hairstyle I will re-post this article with an image of my do. Here are a few things I learned:
- The barrel heats up in under a minute and maintains its heat while styling.
- You need to spray working spray onto your hair before applying to ensure the optimal curling result.
- Hold the position for 3 to 5 seconds. When you release the curl, be sure to tug on the bottom to relax the look.
- Once you have your look, finish it off with holding spray and then run your fingers through the curls to loosen everything up.
- Curling your hair doesn’t really take long to do! I can do my whole head in under 10 minutes.
Do you use a curling iron? Do you have any tips you’d love to share? Have you tried any of Amika’s products before?
* company sent sample to review