I had a play date yesterday and wanted to whip something up healthy to go with the pizza I ordered for the kids. Israeli Tomato Salad is SUPER EASY… which is pretty much what all my ‘Inside the Kitchen’ posts aim to be, right?
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/4 of an onion diced – less if you don’t feel like having an onion taste
- 1 bell pepper diced (orange or yellow for color)
- 3 tablespoons of both dill and parsley chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive Oil to drizzle over top (less than 1/4 cup if you are a measuring kinda gal)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix and serve. Be careful with the olive oil. Put a little and toss – see how you feel. I don’t really put a lot because I’m cautious about calories.
Do you have a recipe you’d like to share? Please shoot me an email with pictures and directions. Would love an invite inside your kitchen!