* 2 whole-wheat pitas, halved and opened
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest
* 1/2 cup Arugula Pesto, recipe follows
* 2 store-bought rotisserie chicken breasts, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
* 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
* 1 cup arugula
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Arrange the pita halves on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until warmed through.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest and Arugula Pesto. Stir in the diced chicken.
- To assemble the pita pockets, fill each pita half with the chicken mixture. Top with tomatoes and 1/4 cup arugula and serve.
* 2 cups packed arugula
* 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the pesto, blend the arugula and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the oil until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in Parmesan and salt and pepper.
Thanks to the Food Network!