I just HAD to post a pancake recipe because that’s all we’ve been eating on this trip! PANCAKES!! Thought Martha Stewart had a good one to share:
Makes about 1 1/2 Dozen
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
* 1 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for sauteing banana slices
* 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add egg, milk, and butter; whisk until combined but still slightly lumpy.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 5 banana rounds in pan, about 3 inches apart. Spoon one tablespoon batter over each; cook until large bubbles cover surface, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip, and cook until bottom is golden, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a baking sheet, and keep warm in the oven.
3. Repeat with remaining banana rounds and batter. Saute extra banana slices in butter until golden; serve with pancakes.