Inside The Kitchen: Potato Salad With Bacon
* 6 cups chopped potatoes, unpeeled (about 1 1/4 pounds) – you should use red skinned with your version
* 6 strips of microwavable bacon (I suppose you could make real ones – if you want, I just didn’t have the time)
* 2/3 cup minced red onion
* 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 3 garlic cloves – diced
* 3 stalks of celery
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used grapeseed oil vegenaise though)
* Freshly ground pepper
* 1/2 lemon squeezed
Put the potatoes in a large pot; add water just to cover and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
Meanwhile, microwave the bacon. Follow the package instructions.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Yes – it’s that simple.
The lemon is optional – I always like to add a little lemon to things.
And serve! I opted for chicken and string beans but potato salad works best with a heaping sandwich of goodness and a side of chips! 😉
Do you have a recipe you’d like to share? Please send it along. I’d love an invite inside your kitchen.
Leave a Reply
October 20, 2016
October 18, 2016