50 After School Snacks
Are you looking for some snack inspiration? You can see where my head is lately – Natalie started school and I’m online frantically searching for fun, healthy and EASY snacks for her to munch on when she gets home.
The Food Network came up with a GREAT LIST – 50 in total. Here’s a sampling:
1. Sweet Bagel Chips Slice stale cinnamon-raisin bagels crosswise into thin rounds. Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake 10 minutes at 325 degrees F; flip, brush with more butter, sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar and bake 10 more minutes.
2. Garlic Bagel Chips Melt 3 tablespoons butter with 2 chopped garlic cloves in a saucepan. Make Sweet Bagel Chips (No. 1) using plain bagels and topping with the garlic butter and grated Parmesan.
3. Fruit Dip Mix 1 cup low-fat sour cream and 2 tablespoons each brown sugar and lime juice; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Thread fruit onto skewers; serve with the dip.
4. Cheesy Chex Mix Toss 3 cups Chex cereal, 2 cups mini pretzels and 1 cup cheese crackers with 3/4 cup grated parmesan, 1/2 stick melted butter and a pinch of garlic powder. Spread on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes at 325 degrees F, stirring.
5. Caramel Popcorn Melt 1/3 cup butter with 1 tablespoon honey and a pinch of salt. Toss with 12 cups popcorn and 1 cup pecans. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes at 325 degrees F, tossing. Cool.
6. Sesame Potato Chips Preheat 2 baking sheets in a 425 degrees F oven. Toss thinly sliced russet potatoes with olive oil and salt. Spread on the hot baking sheets, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake 10 minutes.
Click here to see the rest of the list.
Leave a Reply
October 11, 2016
September 27, 2016