The Biggest Loser Challenge for Nintendo Wii just released about a week ago and I have to say that it is worth checking out! The game is a BLAST and makes working out seem like fun, and trust me that’s a tough achievement!
You can work out using more than 125 different moves in your choice of four different “environments”: The Biggest Loser Ranch, The Biggest Loser gym, The Biggest Loser Yoga Area, and The Biggest Loser Boxing Ring. You can create a custom fitness program or choose from 10 pre-set ones. It also comes with 50 new recipes to try!
Some of the new features:
- Freedom of movement – you can elect to workout controller-free
- Create your avatar that will transform as you lose weight
- Track your progress
- Motivation and trainer tips from Bob and Jillian
- Can use the balance board, a stability ball, and resistance bands (not included & not required)
- The whole family can participate together and link their profiles together to offer encouragement, workout together, etc.
I love my Wii – especially when it comes to “games” like this one. It’s just so much more than sitting around playing games on your couch. It feels like Bob and Jillian are right there giving you private training sessions. I love the “weigh-in”, well as much as anyone can love being on a scale – it just looks so much like the real deal from the show.
Continue reading after the jump to check out a video with some highlights from the new game!
*company sent sample for review