Holiday Recipe: Apple Cheddar Rye Puffs
Last year, I had the chance to meet LuLu Powers are one of her NY book launches for ‘Food to Flowers’. What a wonderful woman! I received an email from her camp with this recipe and I just had to share.
Apple Cheddar Rye Puffs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 30 appetizers
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple (cored, peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 cup Sargento Artisan Blends Double Cheddar shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 loaf of mini rye bread
- Fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut rounds out of rye bread using a 1- 1/2 inch cookie cutter. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
3. Combine remaining ingredients. Spread on toast and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve warm.
Bake only one side of bread and then apply mixture on other side.
Leave a Reply
September 20, 2016
September 19, 2016
August 31, 2016