19 Simple Tips On How to Avoid Overeating While Traveling
Nutritionist Dr. Wayne Andersen offered Lady and the Blog 20 Simple Tips on how to avoid overeating while traveling? Obesity is a huge problem in the United States and a Harvard study was just released stating that 42% of Americans will suffer from obesity in the near future. Yikes!!!
Here’s Dr. Wayne Andersen’s – founder of Take Shape For Life – tips for healthier traveling.
Plan Ahead For Success
- Before your trip, make sure you will have enough meal replacements while on your trip. You may want to mail them ahead to your destination to cut back on luggage.
- Find out if the hotel room will have a coffee maker, refrigerator, or microwave. This may decide which products you choose to bring.
- Ask the hotel if they have a gym or pool and bring appropriate clothes to get some exercise. (No excuses!)J
- Make sure to pack enough products for your travel day and always bring an extra in case of layover.
- Remember that the Ready to Drink will not make it through security (liquid).
- You can mix shake in a water bottle. Just drink some water off the top before pouring the shake mix in.
- A Medifast bar is a great snack for the plane.
- You can bring oatmeal, chicken noodle soup or creamy soups to mix with hot water. Also make muffins or cookies with the oatmeal.
- Remember to bring you shaker jar!
- Drink lots of water. Air travel is dehydrating!
On Your Trip
- Always start your day with a Medifast product! (Save money on breakfast!)
- Be aware of your schedule and do not miss a meal!
- Have a shake before going out for dinner. This will keep you from getting hungry while waiting for your meal.
- Order a salad and appetizer for you main meal. It will probably be the proper portion.
- Remember that alcohol will let down your defenses and is full of empty calories and carbs! It is best to choose club soda or a diet drink.
- Make healthy choices. Some days you may have to have both lunch and dinner out, so make the best of it and choose wisely.
- Don’t worry about losing weight; sometimes the stress of traveling will slow your weight loss. The main objective is not to gain weight!
- Remember to bring your journal.
- Have a Great time!
Leave a Reply
September 30, 2016
September 18, 2016
September 10, 2016