Valentine’s Day Cookie Ball Recipes
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookie Ball
- Drain maraschino cherries (with stems) on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, make base recipe for OREO Cookie Balls or Chocolate-Orange Cookie Balls, substituting brandy or cherry flavored brandy for the orange flavored liqueur. (For a non-alcoholic version, substitute maraschino cherry juice for the orange-flavored liqueur.)
- Pat cherries dry. Completely cover each cherry with cookie base, using about 1 Tbsp. base for each cherry.
- Melt BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate as directed on package.
- Dip cherries, 1 at a time, in chocolate, turning to completely coat each cherry. Place on waxed paper-covered plate.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Conversation Heart Cookie Balls
- Make base recipe for OREO Cookie Balls or prepare base from your favorite Cookie Balls recipe. Pat or roll out base into ½-inch thickness on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Melt BAKER’S White Chocolate as directed on package. Tint with food colorings as desired. (See Note.)
- Cut cookie base into hearts with small heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Dip hearts, 1 at a time, in chocolate, turning to completely coat each heart. Place on wire rack set on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
- Pipe messages onto hearts with remaining tinted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Note: You will need to melt 2pkg. (6 squares each) BAKER’S White Chocolate to coat and write messages on hearts. For each color of chocolate, pour desired amount of melted chocolate into small bowl; tint with 3 drops food coloring.
Lovesick Cookie Balls
- Prepare OREO Cookie Balls or any other Coookie Balls recipe. Refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, cut each JET PUFFED MARSHMALLOW crosswise into 4 slices. Cut small notch out of each slice for each pair of feet.
- Dip sticky side(s) of each marshmallow slice in colored sugar.
- Attach 1 cookie ball to sugar-coated side of each marshmallow slice with small amount of melted chocolate, allowing feet to stick out from bottom of each ball.
- Decorate with assorted candies, chow mein noodles, tinted melted BAKER’S White Chocolate, melted BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, JET PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows, toasted BAKER’S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, Mini OREO Bite Size Chocolate Cookies or Mini NUTTER BUTTER Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies as desired.
Note: To decorate balls with piped chocolate, melt BAKER’S White Chocolate as directed on package; tint with desired colored food coloring(s), adding 1 drop food coloring for each square of chocolate. Pour melted chocolate into resealable bag; seal bag. Cut small corner off bottom of bag; use to pipe chocolate onto balls as desired.
Leave a Reply
Vera Sweeney, mom, blogger, social media influencer and New York resident, is the founder of LadyAndTheBlog.com. She is considered one of the top female digital influencers in today’s social media space. Her lifestyle and parenting brand helps busy women stay on top of the latest trends in fashion, food, family and travel.
September 27, 2016
September 20, 2016
September 19, 2016