Great Tips From Chris Brogan: Disney Social Media Conference Round Up
March 18, 2011
- Don’t be the centerpiece – be the catalyst.
- Ask yourself why – OFTEN
- Why should I be doing this???
- Service: This is your full time job
- “Sales is delicious if you do it right”
- Read the book, “Reality is Broken”
- Ask yourself – “Then what? Then what?”
- Stop coasting – it’s not always fun if you are winning games that are too easy. Test yourself
- Attention as a currency — if you don’t have time , then you don’t have what you need to build your brand
- How to you get attention? You give it to get it. Leave comments at the bottom of other blogs
- Raise other people up — help others that are smaller than you and it will come full circle
- Start finding others that are doing interesting things and HELP THEM
- Be a connector – be the “go to guy” – the one that shares and brings people together: you will be the elbow at every deal
- Everything is content
- Start with you. Make you whole first. take care of yourself. THEN take care of the others. Which will in turn become a community.
- Look at your website as a home base. Using social media to drive traffic back
- Distribution is golden – one you have distribution down you can get so much more gold out of the world.
- You want more distribution – have to change how you monetize. It’s hard to get all the conversations managed.
- Be sure to have the Facebook Like on your posts – opportunity to have other people connect to your information
- Get everyone using distribution channels
- tubemogul.com — tool to help distribute video content around web
- Editing is good manners when it comes to video!!
- Kodak Z18 – has an external mic if you want to start video blogging
- Ignore comments on YouTube – they are harsh and not worth the effort
- Where is the next new Twitter? NOT FourSquare.
- CRAP: Connections / Referrals / Attention (or awareness) / Presence (be places – be online- have content available)
- Always Be Connecting: THE ABCs
- How much should you blog? How much attention do you want??
- MONEY TALK: We spend too little time thinking about money. Don’t think high level. SET A GOAL. I want to earn X amount MORE this year. Then break it down and figure out how.
- WP Touch – Mobile Translation for WordPress
- How to manage time: stop keeping a million windows open. Work on what you need to work on – and leave everything else alone.
- Branding only works on cattle — stop trying so hard to define yourself and just do YOU
- Good enough is good enough: RE content
Leave a Reply
Vera Sweeney, mom, blogger, social media influencer and New York resident, is the founder of LadyAndTheBlog.com. She is considered one of the top female digital influencers in today’s social media space. Her lifestyle and parenting brand helps busy women stay on top of the latest trends in fashion, food, family and travel.
September 14, 2016