Steak Sauce Made With Chocolate? YUM!
I was just browsing the Dove Chocolate Discoveries website and came across this FAB recipe for steak sauce that includes… CHOCOLATE!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 2 tablespoons shallots – diced small,
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar,
- ½ cup port wine,
- ½ cup beef stock (not broth),
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary – chopped fine,
- ½ DOVE CHOCOLATE DISCOVERIES™ Chef Series Dark Chocolate bar – broken into segments
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a small- to medium-sized saucepan.
2. Add shallots to pan (you should hear an immediate sizzle) and stir continuously until golden brown in color.
3. Add balsamic vinegar and port wine to pan, stirring continuously until reduced into a thick and syrupy glaze (be careful not to burn).
4. Add the beef stock and chopped rosemary; bring to a simmer.
5. Reduce heat to low and shave chocolate over the pan with your dessert decorator, stirring continuously until smooth in texture.
6. Serve in small pitcher at the table.
Leave a Reply
September 27, 2016
September 20, 2016
September 19, 2016