Looking For A New Read? Here Are 30+ Recommendations From My Friends
I’m going away next month and I expect to have a lot of downtime – some of which I want to spend reading. I was SUCH an avid reader before children… but as many of you moms out there know… it slows down a bit after the kids come into the picture.
Well, I JUST got to a point in my life where the kids can spend hours entertaining themselves and have decided to re-charge my Nook. I’m in it again baby!
I asked my Facebook friends for some recommendations – and this is what I was sent:
- I Highly recommend the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris if you havent read them already 🙂
- Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Room, Olive Kitteridge, What Alice Forgot
- The Help, one of the best books I have ever read!
- The janet evanovich stephanie plum series..and mary kay andrews.
- I like the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton and The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan if fantasy is your bag 🙂
- Still Missing is a good one.
- Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews is good and 44 Charles Street by Danielle Steele. I’ve been into easy reading lately, nothing too deep.
- Firefly lane by Kristen Hannah, any of Michelle moran or philippa gregory’s books. The help (of course) by Kathryn stockett. Stories I only tell my friends by rob Lowe.
- The Hunger Games series!!!
- One Day by David Nicholls
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott – every writer should read this!
- I second The Help! Also, loved Little Bee by Chris Cleave.
- I know you’re following the show Game of Thrones…..you should check out the book series. I’m on book 2 and so far, they’re great!
- Also – Sharon Osbournes autobio was an interesting read
- If you like vampires…j.r. ward’s black dagger brotherhood books are pretty good.
- The Passage was a great read too… But keep in mind it’s book 1 of a 3 part series!
- Lee Child definitely. His Jack Reacher series is wonderful and so is J.D. Robb’s In Death series.
- The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom!
- A Trip to the Stars!!!
- The Help or The Paris Wife.
- Room, dismantled, almost moon, ape house, Percy Jackson series if you’re a HP fan…..
- Tina Fey’s Bossy Pants is a great non-fiction read for moms with a sense of humor!
Leave a Reply
September 26, 2016
September 22, 2016