Are you looking for the Perfect Turkey Sandwich recipe? If anyone knows turkey, it’s Paula Deen and her two boys. I got my hands on their Perfect Turkey Sandwich recipe and thought I’d pass it along so you can store it for the end of the month!
The Deen Brother’s Perfect Turkey Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8 min
Total Time: 18 min
Lemon basil mayonnaise and leftover turkey make this the perfect pressed sandwich!
- 8 slices multi grain bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Leftover turkey
- 8 thin slices Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise, basil, zest and juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread. Spread basil mayonnaise on the opposite side of each slice. Top four of the slices of bread (olive oil side down) with chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add two slices of cheese over chicken and top with remaining four pieces of bread (olive oil side up).
- Heat sandwich press and cook sandwiches until golden and cheese has melted.
Created by the Jamie and Bobby Deen on behalf of the Grain Foods Foundation