Changing Your Skincare Routine Throughout The Year #MeaningfulBty
Do you change up your skincare routine throughout the year? I hope you do! Our skin has different needs during the summer and winter. Sure, there are steps that we do regardless of the weather, but you have to make adjustments as the seasons’ turn.
Here is a quick breakdown of what you should be doing – season by season:
Winter Skincare Routine:
- Moisturize more often. Your skin needs more protection during the colder months. Don’t be afraid to add a little more than you are used to.
- Consider adding a night cream (oil based)
- Find products that have more Vitamin C or E in them – our winter skin can look drabby. These antioxidants will give your skin a jumpstart!
- Consider using a humidifier – believe me it helps
- Use peels but not more than 2x a week
- Add masks – when you take away you must add back
Spring Skincare Routine:
- Switch to a light weight moisturizer – we don’t need it as heavy as the winter
- Opt for lightweight foundation / concealer
- Exfoliate once every few weeks – once you get the dead skin from the winter off – slow this down
- Breakouts are common this season – opt for a product with salicylic acid in it
Summer Skincare Routine:
- Use primer – sweat stinks! Use a product that will help keep your makeup in place
- Have fun with gloss – lighten up!
- Swap foundation for tinted moisturizer -my absolute favorite
- Don’t stop using bronzer – you can still use it in the summer
- Don’t tan – no really.
- Purchase blotting paper – oily skin doesn’t stand a chance
- Consider waterproof mascara / eyeliner – just in case you want to hit the pool
Fall Skincare Routine:
- Switch to a heavier moisturizer – it’s that time of the year again
- Switch to an oil – based body scrub
- Don’t stop using SPF just because summer is over – UV rays are still present
- Begin to focus more on your hands and feet – we dry up like prunes 😉
- Exfoliate more often
- Add masks
Regardless Of The Season:
- Wear moisturizer with SPF in it when outside
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser at night and rinse with water in the morning
- Use TONER!
- Use lip treatments often
- What you do to your face – do to your neck
* This is a sponsored post – but all thoughts are my own