Exclusive: Interview With Rosie Pope From ‘Pregnant In Heels’
I had a chance to actually meet Rosie Pope last November during a Quinny event. She was adorably pregnant and fashionably fabulous! I just wrapped an interview with her and couldn’t wait to post her answers:
It’s so nice to see that maternity fashion has taking a turn for the BETTER. What are some key pieces that a pregnant woman absolutely needs to own?
In truth pregnant women, just as with non-pregnant women, have very different bodies and things they like to accentuate. That is why I encourage all my clients to have the same maternity shopping mantra when deciding to buy a piece of maternity clothing: “If I wouldn’t have worn it pre-pregnancy don’t wear it now.” That way one can keep true to their style.
If I had to pick some key pieces I’d say:
- A perfect tank (Snug for Rosie Pope)
- Leggings (Ingrid + Isabel)
- Denim (make sure you try on and don’t just buy your fave brand from pre-pregnancy. Jeans can fit very differently during pregnant and you’ll want to find a style, brand and waist band that most compliments your bump, but and thighs)
- Boyfriend sweater or cardigan
- Wrap dress
- And a splurge baby shower dress you can also wear to any weddings/parties you have coming up
What about the transition period?
This is one of the reasons you should buy maternity clothes you love….they are not just for 9 months! What works best here are pants that hit under the belly for comfort but you don’t look like you’re wearing maternity clothes or continuous fabric pants that go over the belly (like our Pret pants), which will help suck it all in afterwards. Make sure to also have a number of empire waist line or slouchy tops that don’t accentuate the belly. Stay very clear of any cinched styles (these looks fab during pregnancy but not afterwards). And if all else fails throw on some leggings, flats, tank and a boyfriend sweater or maternity oxford.
What colors are you loving for the Spring?
Ice-cream colors: Mint, Raspberry, Lemon with a spattering of the traditional nautical red, white and blue.
Any new gadgets or gear you recommend?
As you probably know I’ve had a few problems with fertility, so I love Clearblue’s ovulation and fertility monitoring kits to take some of the guess work out of the process. Also, the Avent Interference Free monitor is amazing, especially it you have lots of computers, blackberries. etc. Finally, I’m always searching for the perfect stroller. Our hallway looks like a stroller parking lot. For our little girl, we’re excited to bring her home in the new Quinny Moon. I’m obsessed with its look and functionality for a baby.
My Top Ten:
- I am currently obsessed with… Animal Print Stilettos. Love mixing them with unexpected prints.
- The last book I read and loved was…The Polar Express…I’m serious, not so much adult reading going on this year!
- If I could travel one place in the world it would be… Nevis, it’s where we had our honeymoon.
- I can’t go a day without… Giving my kids a massive hug.
- My favorite drink is… Diet Coke.
- My favorite beauty secret is… Benefit lip/cheek Posie tint.
- My secret tip for traveling with children is… A small wrapped gift for every hour of the journey for them to open…really does pass the time.
- My current perfume of choice is… Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
- One of the best trips I’ve taken was to… Great Barrier Reef in Australia
- I truly believe in… Love. It’s the foundation for happy children.
Leave a Reply
September 27, 2016
September 26, 2016
September 26, 2016