I had the pleasure of attending a lovely event called “Accessorize for Motherhood,” hosted by Pamela Pekerman as part of her ongoing series of seasonal Accessorize events, this one with the tagline “Learn about Pamela’s favorite accents to keep moms and aunties sane, sassy and stylish.” Pamela is that cool friend every girl wishes she had who always knows about the hottest, hippest stuff.
Not only does Pamela have great taste but she is stunning to boot! Where was she when they were casting the new Snow White movie? The event started off with the cleverly named “momosas” and “auntinis,” served courtesy of Stoli Vodka. Drinks were also supplied by BLK Beverages.
There were also hair touch-ups by Conair stylists and OPI gel polish manicures done by an aesthetician from Senses NY Salon.
After the introductory mingling, Pamela gave an engaging presentation in which she recommended the following 10 accessories (all with a “Because” theme) for current and future moms:
1. “Because a malfunctioning mom is dangerous,” the adorable and informative new book M.O.M. (Mom Operating Manual) by Doreen Cronin.
2. “Because you huffed and puffed and pushed it out,” a Michael C. Fina push gift diamond ring.
3. “Because you’re still a bombshell,” Body Wrap shapewear to support your pre or post-baby assets.
4. “Because separation anxiety is real,” Confections by Shara’s Paperie scrapbooks for all your mom-related memories.
5. “Because mamas and aunties are also bagistas,” the Canopy Verde eco-chic tote bag to carry around all your mom loot.
6. “Because you’re a walking Walmart,” a set of Sakroots pouches for organization inside your tote.
7. “Because kids are synonymous with germs,” CleanWell hand sanitizer that smells like orange blossoms.
8. “Because if it looks cool, they’ll use it even if it’s good for them,” EOS moisturizing lip balm.
9. “Because everyone needs a mini-me,” Bolbach matching cuff (or ankle!) bracelets for mother and daughter.
10. “Because good taste needs to be cultivated,” Kiddie Designs’ customizable murals for kid’s rooms.
The event couldn’t have had a more positive theme, celebrating the lives of moms, aunts and their loved ones. There was such warmth in the air with pregnant ladies and even a newborn in attendance – the whole night felt like the coolest Tupperware party I could ever imagine. I couldn’t help but think of my own mom whose name is also Pamela. Even Pamela’s mom herself was sitting right next to me!
I walked away from the event impressed by Pamela’s grace, wit, and taste. Even though I’m not a mom and maybe only an auntie-in-law, I’ll be decked out in her picks, that anyone woman would enjoy, ALL Spring long. Thanks again to Pamela and her incredible team for a great night!
To find out more about Pamela Pekerman, go to www.pamelapekerman.com.
By Allison Toombs