ENTER TO WIN: $50 Visa Card And Copy Of Wife 22 By Melanie Gideon
Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon – In stores May 29, 2012!!
For fans of Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s Diary and Allison Pearson’s I Don’t Know How She Does It comes an irresistible novel of a woman losing herself . . . and finding herself again . . . in the middle of her life.
When Alice Buckle, who has been married to William for nearly twenty years, receives a survey in her e-mail from the Netherfield Center for the Study of Marital Happiness, she is in the doldrums. She loves her husband but they’ve grown distant, she is bored with her job, and her adolescent children need her less now. And she has reached the age at which her mother died. So as she idly begins answering the questions, she finds herself baring her soul in an anonymous survey she never even intended to respond to. As she struggles, she realizes it has been years since anyone asked deep, serious questions of her, and really listened to her answers. Soon her entire life as she knows it is called into question.
You can check out an excerpt of Wife 22 here: http://www.scribd.com/RHPG/d/
Click here for a trailer about the book:
Melanie Gideon is the author of the memoir The Slippery Year: A Meditation on Happily Ever After, an NPR and San Francisco Chronicle Best Book of 2009, and a New York Times bestseller, as well as three young adult novels. Her novel, Wife 22 (to be published in 30 countries and translated into 26 languages and currently in development with Working Title Films) is forthcoming from Ballantine in May 2012. She has written for the New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, More, Shape, Marie Claire, the London Times, the Daily Mail and other publications. She was born and raised in Rhode Island and now lives in the Bay Area with her husband and son. Wife 22 is her first novel for adults.
To learn more about the author, visit:
One (1) lucky reader will receive:
- A copy of Wife 22
- $50 Visa gift card to rejuvenate your relationship with a night out!
How do I enter? You have a few options AND EACH COUNTS AS ONE ENTRY. There is NO LIMIT to the number of times a reader can enter (via any of the entry channels) this contest. Please leave a comment for each entry, and include your email in each comment as well:
- Leave your email on the contest entry form.
- Become a fan of LAB’s Facebook Page. Then leave a comment on the wall saying you entered the $50 Visa Card And Copy Of Wife 22 By Melanie Gideon giveaway.
- Tweet this message: “Hope I win @MelanieGideon $50 Visa Card & Copy Of Wife 22 giveaway from ladyandtheblog.com (@verasweeney). RT to Enter #contest #giveaway”.
- Fan Melanie Gideon on Facebook and leave this link on their wall saying you are entering the $50 Visa Card And Copy Of Wife 22 giveaway on ladyandtheblog.com.
- Post a link to this contest on your blog (and then leave a comment on this post with your link).
- Stumble this post (not the site) and leave me your StumbleUpon Name in your comment.
- Comment on other Lady and the Blog posts and reference this contest. Be sure to add that the comment is acting as an entry to the contest. Each comment counts as one entry. Please be sure to include you email when asked otherwise I won’t be able to contactyou.
- Sign up for LAB’s newsletter. Are you already subscribed? Leave a comment letting me know.
Contest ends Midnight, Eastern Time, 6/4/12
Winner(s) will be selected at random.
All prizing provided by Random House.
Giveaway open to US addresses only.
Leave a Reply
It’s National Dog Week! 20 Ways To Celebrate #FriendsofBeneful (Plus Enter To Win 1 Year Supply Of Beneful)
September 19, 2016
September 12, 2016