As you all know, summer is HERE!!!! While we all love the outdoors, the beach, the pool, and just running around with the kids playing in the yard, we always have to worry about the sun and it’s effect on us and the kid’s skin. In between rain storms, it’s really been getting hot on Long Island, so I really want to make sure me and the kids (and I guess Bill, too) are protected. Plus, as you know, the kids seem to NEVER TIRE, so they are outside for hours at a time. Sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and in some cases, even lead to skin cancer so it’s important to sensibly manage your sun exposure on a daily basis. Keep your skin protected to limit sun damage from UVA and UVB rays. The great thing about the Eucerin products below is that it’s a great mix of sun protection and that classic Eucerin moisturing lotion that I and my family have been using for years.
Here are just a couple of pointers about dealing with the sun:
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you head outside. Don’t forget places like the tops of your ears, nose, eyelids, lips, back, hands, feet, shoulders and backs of thighs. Be sure to reapply your sunscreen or a lotion with SPF every 2 hour or more frequently, and if you’re swimming at the pool or beach make sure to use a water resistant, broad spectrum sunscreen.
- Wear sun protective clothing – Did you know fabrics have an ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) rating that measures their level of UV protection? These fabrics provide more protection than other clothing due to the tighter woven fabric. Look for clothing with a UPF rating of 30 or higher.
- Wear sunglasses to help protect eyes and sensitive skin around them from ultraviolet light
- Wear a hat – A wide-brimmed hat can shield your skin from the sun’s harsh rays.
- Use Daily lightweight moisturizers that have SPF to protect skin even on cloudy days - Eucerin Daily Protection Lotions are lightweight SPF moisturizers that provide head-to-toe sun protection. SPF 15 Body Lotion helps protect against daily UV exposure while SPF 30 Face Lotion moisturizes and protects with UVA/UVB sunscreens.
- Stay inside or seek shade when the sun’s rays are the strongest – between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. A beach umbrella or portable shelter can help protect your skin from the heat and sun’s rays.
If you are unsure of what Eucerin skin care products to use for your skin type, head over to Eucerin’s brand new Skindicator App that recommends a product based your Skindicator quiz results. If you glued to your cell phone, get skin care tips and product recommendations right at your fingertips by visiting http://www.eucerinus.com on your mobile phone.
In addition to the wonderful giveaway below, Lady and the Blog readers are lucky enough to be able to get TWO FREE samples of Eucerin’s Daily Protection Moisturizing Lotions, one for the face and body, to help protect their skin and keep it looking healthy. All you have to do is “Like” the Eucerin Facebook Page and follow the instructions on how to take the Eucerin Skin First Pledge
One (1) lucky Lady and the Blog reader will receive a “Splash into a Skin Safe Summer” kit on behalf of Eucerin. This package includes:
- $100 Visa Gift Card
- Sun Hat to help protect your face and the top of your head.
- Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Body Lotion Sunscreen SPF 15 (13.5 oz.) – Helps protect skin from daily sun exposure with a lotion specifically formulated to moisturize and protect. This light, fast-absorbing formula with SPF 15 sunscreen provides 24-hour moisture and helps defend against sunburn.
- Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30 (4 oz.) – This lightweight, gentle broad spectrum SPF 30 formula with UVA/UVB sunscreens including zinc oxide and titanium dioxide helps defend against long-term sun damage and also provides effective moisturization.
How do I enter? You have a few options AND EACH COUNTS AS ONE ENTRY. There is NO LIMIT to the number of times a reader can enter (via any of the entry channels) this contest. Please leave a comment for each entry, and include your email in each comment as well:
- Leave your email on the contest entry form.
- Become a fan of LAB’s Facebook Page. Then leave a comment on the wall saying you entered the Eucerin $100 Visa Card and “Splash into a Skin Safe Summer” Kit giveaway.
- Tweet this message: “Hope I win @EucerinUS $100 Visa & Skin Safe Summer kit giveaway from ladyandtheblog.com (@verasweeney). RT to Enter #contest #giveaway”.
- Like Eucerin on Facebook and leave a comment saying you are entering the $100 Visa Card and “Splash into a Skin Safe Summer” Kit giveaway on ladyandtheblog.com.
- Post a link to this contest on your blog (and then leave a comment on this post with your link).
- Follow Lady and the Blog on NetworkedBlogs.com
- Stumble this post (not the site) and leave me your StumbleUpon Name in your comment.
- Comment on other Lady and the Blog posts and reference this contest. Be sure to add that the comment is acting as an entry to the contest. Each comment counts as one entry. Please be sure to include you email when asked otherwise I won’t be able to contact you.
- Sign up for LAB’s newsletter. Are you already subscribed? Leave a comment letting me know.
Contest ends Midnight, Eastern Time, 6/18/12
Winner(s) will be selected at random. Open to US Residents 18 years and older only. Eucerin provided a prize pack as well as $125 Visa gift card for Lady and the Blog LLC to keep as well as to give away.
- Eucerin Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Eucerin Twitter: @EucerinUS
- Eucerin You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/