Remember I told you about the Prepology tool I bought from QVC? Well, I finally USED it. I was a little nervous about how it was going to come out and it was GREAT.
So, here’s what I put in there:
- Can of fire roasted tomatoes
- chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin, chili powder, tumeric, paprika
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic
- 1 can of beans
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- handful of diced cherry tomatoes *because I had them
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of oregano and parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 pounds of turkey chili
You put that all together, close the lid and then cook for 20 minutes on high in your microwave. I was afraid to open it once it was done – so I had Bill do it. Look at his face. I think I freaked him out. LOL !
This is how it turned out! It was really good!!
I topped it with a little cheese and served it with cous cous. Today, I mixing the whole thing into a pound of pasta. Two nights worth of meals – 20 minute of cook time? I will take it!!!!!
For more Inside the Kitchen recipes, click here.