My daughter doesn’t typically pick chapter books from the library. She is still into reading books filled with pictures. But as a second grader, it’s TIME to move on and get into some sort of series. While speaking with friends during after school pick up, I put together a great list. Wanted to share just in case you had a girl who was in either the second or third grade that hasn’t found a story she loved yet.
Rainbow Magic Chapter Book Series – click here to see options from Amazon
Juny B. Jones Chapter Books – click here to see options from Amazon
Pixie Hollow – click here to see options from Amazon
Wind Dancer – click here to see options from Amazon
Perfectly Princess – click here to see options from Amazon
I also put it out to my Facebook friends and got some more options to share:
- Roo Ciambriello: Little House series!!! Boxcar Children!! Loved those series.
- Christina Strickland: My kids liked the Hank the Cowdog series.
- Angela England: Sarah plain and tall, little house in the big woods.
- Emily Vanek: Magic Tree House, Wimpy Kid books, Harry Potter.
- Andrea Peskind Katz: Junie B Jones, Judy Moody
- Elizabeth Norton: Magic Tree House
- Robin Elton: Trixie Belden. Rainbow Magic, Bad Kitty, Stink books and Captain Underpants
- Amy Tucker: Any of the Black Stallion books and any of Marguerite Henry’s books.
- Clarissa Nassar: Judy Moody and Ramona and Beezus
- Victoria Pericon: geronimo stilton was a big deal for my daughter then
- Elena Sonnino: Nancy Drew, Time Warp Trio, and for non fiction: books from the Who Was Series (biographies)
- Leticia Barr: Encyclopedia Brown
- Cecily Kellogg: My daughter is really into graphic novels
- Shana Dieli: RL Stine, Amelia Badelia, and classics like Anne of Green Gables
Do you have any chapter books you’d like to share? Would love to get your recommendations!!
Leave a Reply
September 13, 2012