DIY Polka Dot Jeans With Clorox! Here’s How To Get This Fab Look
Clorox was one of our Fashion Forward Conference sponsors and we just LOVED what they came up with. One of my partners, Brooke Stewart, wore polka dot jeans that were MADE USING CLOROX. Shut the front door!! You can use a pair of jeans you already own for this DIY task.
Are you ready??
DIY: Polka Dot Jeans
1. Line the inside of the jeans with plastic (such as a cut open plastic shopping bag) to protect the gel from bleeding through from one side to the other.
2. Shake the Clorox® Bleach Pen® Gel with the cap on.
3. Begin applying the gel: using the fine point tip, gently squeeze out a 1/4 inch dot.
4. Continue applying gel dots in a polka dot pattern, working in one direction (such as waist to hem) with the dots you have already applied always away from you.
5. Allow the dots to sit for 2 hours.
6. Keeping the jeans flat on the counter/work surface, gently remove the plastic liners from inside the pant legs.
7. Pour 3% hydrogen peroxide directly onto each of the dots, allowing it to soak into the fabric. This stops the bleaching action, and prevents any gel from lightening other parts of the blue jeans during rinsing.
8. When all the dots have hydrogen peroxide on them, slide them into the sink a little at a time, scraping and rinsing away the gel dots as you go with warm water.
9. Squeeze the pants dry using old towels.
10. Air dry the jeans completely before repeating the treatment on the other side of the jeans.
11. After rinsing the second round of gel polka dots, run the jeans through a gentle cycle using cool water and a little detergent.
What do you think? Is this DIY fashion craft something you would try out?? I just love it!
*photos by Bellamy Blue