Disney Parks Announces New ‘Limited Time Magic’ Plan For 2013 #limitedtimemagic
I was invited to attend a Disney Parks conference in Times Square this morning but couldn’t make it due to my pregnancy issues. Despite that minor setback, I followed along online to make sure I learned what’s coming up for the brand. WELLLLLLLL – besides the FantasyLand expansion (WHICH I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT – hoping to go next summer to see), Disney Parks just launched a brand new initiative called ‘Limited Time Magic’. Basically, there will be amazing entertainment opportunities for Disney fanatics throughout the year. Here’s a sampling of what to expect:
Limited Time Magic:
- Limited Time Magic – True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.
- Limited Time Magic – Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
- Limited Time Magic – Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
- Limited Time Magic – Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Limited Time Magic – Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Limited Time Magic – Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.
- Limited Time Magic – Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.
I am ALL ABOUT Pirate Week!! Come on! My son will have the time of his life.
Check the Disney Parks Blog in upcoming months to learn more about what’s happening with Limited Time Magic. This is just a taste!
Oh and PS – Disney Parks created a 45,000 pound / three-story ICE castle for the Times Square Conference. Here’s a great video showing off how they did it.
Leave a Reply
September 18, 2016
September 10, 2016
August 16, 2016