The All New 2013 Nissan Sentra and Pathfinder #2013Sentra #2013Pathfinder
About a month ago I had the great pleasure to heading out to the West Coast on a visit from Nissan USA. We were invited to test out the all new, totally redesigned 2013 Nissan Sentra and 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. What a great trip and what impressive new cars they were getting ready to release!!
We flew into San Francisco, stayed the night, and drove the 2013 Nissan Sentra up to Napa Valley! In Napa, we had the pleasure of testing out the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder in the gorgeous hills and mountains of Napa. I will write up more in another post regarding the awesome accomodations…Nissan really went all out, first class all the way!
Now…for the cars…
2013 Nissan Sentra Highlights:
- All-new lightweight design saves up to 150 pounds
- New 1.8-liter engine and next-generation Xtronic CVT® with sub-planetary gear for optimal performance and efficiency
- Best-in-class combined fuel economy of 34 MPG (40MPG highway)
- Sophisticated new design with high-end details such as LED accented headlamps and taillamps
- Upscale interior craftsmanship and user-friendly technology
- Available NissanConnect℠ with Navigation with Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant, POIs powered by Google™ and Google™ Send-to-Car functions
To me, it was very impressive. There was MUCH more room than I had anticipated. The roughly 2 hour drive was very enjoyable, even with 3 grown men in the car. Even the back seat had leg and head room. The car handled well, hugging the road on the turns and breaking. It even had more than acceptable acceleration, given the gas-friendly 240-cylinder engine (really stick to the sport setting as it lets the engine rev to higher RPMs, allowing for more pickup). The interior was sleek and sophisticated, with the layout, buttons, and tech features well placed and easily accessible. Overall, the form and function of this compact car took me by surprise and I was more than pleasantly surprised. I’ve even recommended the car to my aunt!
2013 Nissan Pathfinder Highlights:
- Best-in-class fuel economy
- Best-in-class interior passenger volume
- Best-in-class front headroom and front legroom
- Most standard towing capacity in class
- Class-exclusive selectable 2WD, Auto and 4WD Lock modes
- Class-exclusive Xtronic CVT® transmission
- Class-exclusive 3rd row seat recline
- Class-exclusive Around View™ Monitor
- Class-exclusive Easy Fill Tire Alert System
Well, I’m an SUV kind of guy, so this is really in my wheelhouse. I actually really like the Pathfinder, and have so for years. That being said, the previous model was not my favorite design, truth be told. This latest version, however, is. It’s gorgeous. It it truly impressive to see it up close and persona.l. It is a wonderful mix of style, sophistication, and sportiness. The interior shined, with all the bells and whistles one could hope for (and many I bet you wouldn’t even dream of). The 360 monitor (not just back up cam) really stood out. Very well done. The truck itself was very smooth, great handling, even on the curves and hills of Napa, with a really outstanding level of acceleration (again, even up hills). The SUV was really refined, almost sedan-like, but still very powerful, with that somewhat imposing SUV feel that Vera and I have grown to really love.
The two vhicles really were impressive, much more than I anticipated them being. The little details like the Google™ Send-to-Car function and the Easy Fill Tire Alert System are those little niceties that really show that the company and the designers took the time to really think about every detail and how they can make the customer’s life just a little bit more comfortable. I think there was a great mix of best-in-class aspirations mixed with cutting edge technology and design working here…at the same time delivering truly great price points and value for the customer.
Leave a Reply
October 01, 2016
September 30, 2016
September 29, 2016