TimetoPlayMag.com Holiday Showcase: Must-Haves for Holiday 2013 #timetoplaymag #mostwantedtoys
The TimetoPlayMag.com Holiday Showcase is an annual one-day press event highlighting what’s hot in toys and family entertainment for the upcoming holiday season. After thousands of reviews, Time To Play comes up with the list of goodies all of your kids and their friends will be clamoring for this coming holiday season. Here’s a sample of their choices:
- Barbie Digital Makeover from Mattel
- With the Barbie Digital Makeover, kids 6+ can give themselves a virtual makeover using the app and console to apply virtual makeup to live video of their face using an iPad’s camera.
- Battroborg 3-in-1 Battle Arena from TOMY
- Kids 6+ can battle robots with this well executed game.
- Big Hugs Elmo from Hasbro/Sesame Street
- Sesame Street fans can give Elmo lots of hugs and get hugs back with Big Hugs Elmo. This interactive stuffed Elmo hugs, sings, and says lots of different phrases that engage kids in interactive
- Despicable Me 2 Minion Dave from Thinkway Toys
- Despicable Me 2 fans 4+ can play with Minion Dave through this interactive toy with farting sound effects and 55 minion phrases.
- Disney Infinity from Disney Interactive
- Disney Infinity revolves around character figures from different Disney and Pixar movies
- Flutterbye Fairy from Spin Master
- Kids 6+ can fly their own fairies with just the palm of their hand.
- Monster High 13 Wishes DVD from Mattel
- In the new DVD movie Monster High 13 Wishes, Clawdeen Wolf’s sister Howleen Wolf discovers the genie Gigi Grant and her lamp.
- Shimmer N Sparkle Cra-Z-Loom Bracelet Maker from Cra-Z-Art
- Cra-Z-Art’s new Shimmer N Sparkle Cra-Z-Loom Bracelet Maker lets kids 6+ create their own rubber band bracelets to collect and trade with their friends.
- Skylanders Swap Force from Activision
- Skylanders Swap Force from Activision is a brand new game in the Skylanders franchise.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Figures from Playmates Toys
- Kids 4 can throw Michelangelo into battle with this fold-up, pop-open action figure with weapon accessories.
Based on my kids (and myself), I have some more favorites. There were so many amazing toys there, it’s really hard to narrow anything down at all.
I would have to go with Minecraft. I mean, my kids are absolutely obsessed with Minecraft and I think the physical toys will be a real homerun!
I also think the Disney Creativity Studio App, Orbeez Luxury Spa, Razr Crazy Cart, Telepods (iPad app figures), EZ Pro DJ, and the Iron Man Flying RC Extreme Hero are going to be real fan fav crowd pleasers!
There were also some amazing toys that I know my kids will love from Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Power Rangers, KMart’s Fab 15 Toys, Leap Frog, and Eric Carle!