Secret Thanksgiving Ingredient: Swanson Flavor Infused Broth
Swanson broth has always been a staple in my home, as I use it often while preparing dinner. The truth is, I’m a bit of a clueless cook. I make things that often taste good, blind as to why or how, and sort of just trust what I’m doing and go with it. I’ve never given much thought to how my chicken broth was contributing to my dish, to be perfectly honest. Having recently attended a Swanson event that introduced all of the ways I could and should be using my broth, I have completely changed my outlook on the way I prepare one of my Thanksgiving meal staples: mashed potatoes. Sorry Grandma (really, really sorry), this recipe might just be better than yours. I must share this recipe for Ultra Creamy Mashed Potatoes, because I swear it is the most incredible mashed potatoes I’ve ever had in my life, and is one hundred times easier to prepare than my old recipe. I can’t get over it.
Ultra Creamy Mashed Potatoes
You will need:
– 3 1/2 cups of Swanson Chicken Broth
– 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
– 1/2 cup light cream
– 2 tablespoons butter
– generous dash of black pepper
In just 3 easy steps, all you need to do is:
- Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. No more boiling water to cook potatoes!
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander, reserving the broth.
- Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup reserved broth, the cream, butter and black pepper. Add additional reserved broth, if needed, until desired consistency.
That’s it! These will come out effortlessly creamy, delicious, and will be the hit of your Thanksgiving table. I made this with dinner one night, and my family couldn’t get enough.
If you’d like to jazz it up a bit, stir in a 1/2 cup of sour cream, some crumbled bacon (about 3 slices worth), and a 1/4 cup of chopped fresh chives.
Swanson has also kicked it up with Flavor Infused Broths to prepare soups at home like Mexican Tortilla, Thai Ginger, and Hot & Sour Soup that are restaurant worthy. They are definitely worth checking out, and are readily available in the broth aisle at the grocery store.
To learn more about Swanson products and to learn more recipes, visit www.swansonbroth.com.
Leave a Reply
September 27, 2016
September 20, 2016
September 19, 2016