Easter Caramel Corn: Easy Treat To Make For The Kids
Easter Caramel Corn is such an easy treat to make for your little ones. This colorful snack will make the perfect display for your upcoming Easter gathering. You need a handful of ingredients to get started – but it’s all manageable. I promise! If you are looking to create gifts for loved ones in your life, consider filling a mason jar with the Easter Caramel Corn and then finishing it all off with some ribbon.
- 4 cups plain air popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Easter candy, any type you want. I used jelly beans
- 1 cup Almond Bark , melted and divided into 4 separate bowls-to drizzle over popcorn
- Food Coloring
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir consistently while bringing to a boil. Then boil without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Pour caramel evenly over popcorn, stirring to coat.
3. Place popcorn on two large shallow baking sheets and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for about an hour. and Remove popcorn from oven and let cool completely. (It was a little cumbersome trying to stir on a large baking sheet. Using a spatula in one hand and large oven mit in the other helped keep the popcorn from flying everywhere.)
4. Melt Almond Bark and divide into four small bowls. Add 1 drop of food coloring to three of the bowls, leaving one white. I used green, blue and red to make pink.
5. Divide popcord in to four sections, drizzle popcorn with melted, colored
Let the popcorn sit until the almond bark hardens, about 30 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Add popcorn to canning jars, Easter baskets, buckets, and top with matching ribbons.
Looking for more ideas to do around Easter, click here.
Leave a Reply
June 08, 2016