Cheese Straws Recipe!!
Yummy!! Looking for an easy appetizer recipe? This one will knock your socks off without forcing you to spend a lot of time in the kitchen slaving in front of the oven. And I LOVE the fact that it’s four ingredients or less (2 if you don’t count the salt and pepper). Check it out!!
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- ¾ teas. Garlic Salt
- ½ teas. Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 425˚
- Open pastry sheet and place the half that was inside the fold face down on a piece of wax paper.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of the Parmesan over the pastry sheet. Be sure to get all the way to the edges.
- Season with half of the Garlic salt and Black Pepper.
- Place another sheet of wax paper over the pastry sheet and using light pressure with a rolling pin slightly work the cheese into the pastry sheet.
- Keeping the wax paper in place turn the pastry sheet over and repeat the process. Peel the paper slowly. If it sticks, just scrape the dough down with your finger or a knife as you peel it.
- Repeat the process with the cheese, seasoning and rolling.
- Remove the top piece of wax paper and using a pizza wheel cut the sheet into ½- ¾ inch strips.
- Pick up the end of a straw and as you peel it off the paper twist it. You should get about 4 twists. Place on nonstick cookie sheet or parchment lined baking pan.
- As the cheese falls off just pick it up and lightly push it on the next strips.
- Bake at 425˚ until golden brown and delicious, 8-10 minutes.
What do you think?!! To see more recipes, click here.