Getting Gorgeous In The Kitchen: Mussels In White Wine Recipe
Mussels In White Wine! Such an easy recipe. Such a great presentation. So CHEAP to make!! In my local supermarket, mussels are $1.99 a pound. But look at the presentation – it looks like it costs more than that, right? And honestly, this recipe will take you all but 10 minutes to make. Showstopper for under $10. Check it out.
- 2 pound bag of mussels – rinse and clean (pick through and toss any opened / broken mussels out)
- 4 garlic cloves – cut in half
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of hot pepper flakes (or if you like it hot – more) THIS IS OPTIONAL
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- handful of parsley chopped up roughly
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of drinking white wine
Over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic to a large sauté pan and cook for a few minutes. Put in hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper, cherry tomatoes, wine and mussels. Then top with parsley. Place lid and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Stir. Cover again and continue to cook for 5-8 minutes or until all mussels are open. Discard any closed mussels. When in doubt… throw it out.
Pour entire lot into an over-sized plate and serve. Have a hot loaf of bread? Perfect! Dip away. Enjoy. If there are any leftovers, cook some pasta the next day and toss all together. It just doesn’t get any better than this!