I’ve recently gotten on a Rice Krispies kick because they are gluten-free and I try to snack on those options when possible. While this version is NOT gluten-free, it led me down this path. For the holidays, why not add a bit more flare and fun, right?!
If you are looking for a Valentine’s Day recipe to make that involves hearts and chocolate, you found one! Here’s a simple idea that makes a beautiful display.
Chocolate Rice Krispies Hearts Recipe
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Chocolate melting wafers
- Red Chocolate melting wafers
- Line a 9×13-inch cookie pan with parchment paper, then coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and miniature marshmallows over low heat until the marshmallows are just melted. Add in the salt and vanilla – stir to combine.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the Rice Krispies and mix until it is completely and evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan and using a wooden spoon or spatula (coated in non-stick cooking spray) press the mixture firmly into a packed, even layer.
- Allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a heart cookie cutter and press it into the bars then remove slowly. Set to the side
- Begin to melt your chocolate: Using a double boiler fill your bottom 1/2 way with water bring to a boil on high heat. Place your second half onto and add your chocolate. Stir to melt Once melted reduce your heat to low.
- Take your rice bar and dip half of it in the chocolate.
- Place the rice bar on a pan with parchment paper. Let it cool
- Repeat process with each heart
- Once cool, begin to melt your red melting chocolate Same way as chocolate above.
- Take a large spoon and drizzle the red onto of your rice bars.
- Let cool before serving.
Leave a Reply
January 20, 2017