Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treats: Cupid’s Heart Recipe
I’ve seen a million different heart shaped Rice Krispies all over Pinterest. But how cute are these little cupid shaped ones instead? One small addition makes the world of a difference, right? LOVE IT! If you are looking for an above average (but still really easy to make) Valentine’s Day recipe for the holiday, consider the below. Make a few extra for me while you are at it! 🙂
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 10oz bag Mini Marshmallows (save a handful for the “arrows”)
- 3 Tab. Butter
- Silver Crystals
- Red Confetti Hearts
- Pink Food Coloring
- Heart Shape Cookie Cutter
- Wilton’s Dab & Hold edible adhesive
1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows and mix until melted.
2. Remove from heat, add food coloring and mix well.
3. Stir in Rice Krispies. Pour mixture into a buttered 9×13 pan and press firmly all around.
4. Sprinkle with crystals and confetti hearts.
5. Let cool, about 10-15 minutes.
6. While those are cooling you can make your “arrow”.
7. First cut a triangle shape out of a mini marshmallow then insert it into the end of the toothpick.
8. Next, add a dap of edible adhesive to the top of a mini marshmallow and stick on the confetti heart.
9. Now, take your cooled Rice Krispies and cut out your hearts with the cookie cutter.
10. Insert toothpicks on each side at an angle. Place the tail on one side and the heart on the other. Enjoy!