We had so much fun this year at the Disney Social Media Moms Conference. I’ve had the pleasure of attending a few in the past, but this was the first time that the team brought the conference to SEA. How could anyone pass up a day on Castaway Cay? Oh my word! Total bliss!
Not only did I get to learn about some of the new and exciting launches that are set to release this year for Disney, but I got to chat with some of the top social media mavens in the space. We all know that time is worth its weight in GOLD. Some of the best advice I’ve ever received for my business has come from friends while out for drinks. Conference time and downtime mixed together makes for a perfect way to spend the week building your brand and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Audrey and I put together a little video recapping some of the great things we did while attending the 2017 Disney Social Media Mom’s Conference. Take a look!
- Caring for Giants – a must see backstage tour coming to Animal Kingdom this March
- I’m telling you right now – the Star Wars fireworks show in Hollywood Studios was probably the best fireworks display I have ever seen. And I am from NYC!! I have seen the July 4th Macy’s display in person for YEARS. The Star Wars one had a story and was E-P-I-C. At one point, I was freaking crying. DURING A FIREWORKS SHOW. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!
- The Pixar short, Lou, is simply amazing. I can’t share any graphics on it – but look out for this one to release because it was SO GOOOOOODDDDD.
- River of Lights opening date is February 17th. There are a few clips of the show in my video above. It won’t do the show justice. You truly have to see it in person. Breathtaking!
- Pandora section is opening on May 27th. I cannot WAIT to see the full breath of this section. I got a sneak peek and I can tell you that they are feverishly working to finish this land up.
- Magic Band 2 has been announced and guess what? It doesn’t have to be a bracelet anymore! Kids can wear them attached to their belt buckle or as a necklace. The technology is in the center mouse and can be attached to a variety of different devices. So, for those little ones that hate bracelets, this is great news!
- Happily Ever After is the newest firework display coming to the Magic Kingdom! Fireworks, laser effects and projections from Brave, Princess and Frog, Big Hero 6 and more. Going to be a blast. (See what I did there?)
- Born in China was heartwarming and heart wrenching to watch as a mom. The things moms do to protect their young. It’s a harsh world out there in nature. It’s a beautiful world out there in nature. I’m actually going on another trip to interview the team that created this film, so I don’t want to say too much about it right now. But it was truly a beautiful film that will tug at your heartstrings.
- The adult beach on Castaway Cay is everything you’d ever hope for. It’s what dreams are made of. There is magic in the water. We napped. We drank. We sang. We danced. We read books. We ate ice cream at our leisure. We did nothing. We did everything. It’s possible. I am your witness. I am your truth.
So much goodness!! Thank you to the team for inviting me this year and for allowing me on board for antoher ride. I always walk away a better person after spending some time with Disney and that is what you hope for as a person. There aren’t many brands in my life that I can say that I TRULY LOVE with all my heart – but Disney is on the top of that list. Can’t wait to see what we do next together.